Moving Targets and Sexy Post-Surgery Bras

I've been trying to keep up with everything that has to be scheduled and done prior to surgery but it almost feels like a moving target and really contributes to me feeling overwhelmed sometimes. I scheduled my consultations with the surgeons (mastectomy and reconstruction) and now have to schedule a pre-op appt for a physical and labs, a post-mastectomy bra fitting and a pre breast surgery education class. It's really interesting to me that the medical community hasn't come up with automatic assignment of the medical equivalent of a wedding coordinator - someone who coordinates your timeline, your availability and appointments, reschedules when necessary, picks up pre-op items, etc.

I've been alerted to certain appointments that need to happen via questions like "and you have blah blah scheduled, right?"

No, my friend. I didn't know that had to exist in my world.

I've been on the other side of this with both my sister and my dad and their surgeries, but their diagnoses came at stage 4 and in emergency situations with acute symptoms, so surgery wasn't scheduled with advance notice and the type of coordination, while VERY difficult, was very different and a bit more straight-forward.

Today I had to cancel appointments for next week so that I could make other appointments I didn't realize I needed. This week is filled with a plastic surgery consultation (yesterday) and then appointments with a genetic counselor, an oncologist, an internist for pre-op testing and my post-mastectomy bra fitting for a sexy number I'm guessing I'll be spending a good amount of time in, but I don't actually know... because I just found out last night that I even need it at all and the surgeon's office hasn't given me full information yet. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/amoena-frances-soft-cup-cotton-leisure-bra/3544229?origin=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=ORCHID <----- that's that good shit I'll be rocking, apparently. They wrote me a prescription for 2 bras but I won't be able to fully shower for about 2 weeks and won't be able to wear deodorant for 3-4 weeks... so that's definitely going to be a shit show.












Comments

Popular Posts